STATEMENT OF FAITH
1. SCRIPTURES: We believe the Holy Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be verbal, plenary, inspired, inerrant, infallible Word of God. God breathed through man, the final source of authority of faith, life, principles, and practices. (II Timothy 3:16-17; II Peter 1:20-21)
We will use only the King James Version in the ministry of this church.
2. TRINITY: We believe there is one true and living, eternal, existing God manifested in three distinct persons: The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. (Exodus 20:2-3; I Corinthians 8:6; Revelation 4:11; Genesis 17:1)
We believe the Father is One and only infinite, omniscient, omnipotent, and omnipresent Spirit being who is the Maker and Supreme Ruler of the heavens and the earth. (John 1:1; Genesis 1:1)
We believe in the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ: His virgin birth, His sinless life, His substitutionary death on the cross for our sins, His bodily resurrection from the grave, His ascension to the right hand of God, where He ever lives to make intercession for believers. (Matthew 1:18; John 1:1-4; Acts 1:1; I Thessalonians 4:16-17; Isaiah 7:14, 9:6)
We believe that the Holy Spirit is a divine person, equal with God the Father and God the Son and of the same nature; that He was active in the creation; that in His relation to the unbelieving world, He restrains the Evil One (Satan) until God’s purpose is fulfilled; that He convicts of sin, of righteousness and of judgment; that He bears witness to the truth of the gospel message (Christ died for our sins, was buried and rose again according to the Scriptures.) I Corinthians 15:1-4: That He is the agent in the New Birth; that He seals, indues, guides, teaches witnesses, sanctifies and helps the believer. (John 14:16-17; Matthew 28:19; Hebrews 9:14; John 3:5-6; Ephesians 1:13-14; Genesis 1:1-3; John 16:8-11; Acts 5:30-32; John 14:26; Luke 1:35; Mark 1:8; Acts 11:16; Luke 24:9; Romans 8:14, 16, 26, 27) The Holy Spirit in relation to the Charismatic Movement: The Charismatic movement is a departure from the historic faith. We believe the tongues were in order until the New Testament Cannon was completed, and that there is absolutely no need of tongues today, and that the so-called “tongues” is a counterfeit.
3. FUTURE EVENTS AND RESSURECTION: We believe that every man will be raised from the dead bodily. The Pre-tribulational believers who are alive at the coming of the Lord, and those who have died in Christ will be caught up together, and will be with the Lord forever. (I Thessalonians 4:16)
The unbelievers will be raised at the end of the Millennial Kingdom and stand at the Great White Throne Judgment. (Revelation 7:9-17; Matthew 24:21)
We believe in the Pre-Millennial, personal return of Jesus Christ. (I Thessalonians 4:13-18)
4. ANGELS: We believe that all angels were created by God and were good, but some of them chose to follow Satan in his rebellion against God. The good angels are confirmed in righteousness, and that the evil angels will eternally share their doom with Satan. We believe that Satan is a literal creature; that he is completely evil; that he is the enemy of God and all believers. He has power over human beings but is subject to God will cast Satan into the Lake of Fire for eternal damnation.
(II Peter 1:18-19; Acts 13:10; I Peter 5:8; Acts 10:38; I John 3:8; Revelation 20:10.
5. THE FALL AND DEPRAVITY OF MAN: We believe that Adam was created without sin, but because of his voluntary transgression, fell into sin and this resulted in man’s spiritual death, which is separation from God. Because of this, all men are born in sin and are sinners by nature and practice.(Genesis 3:5-6; Romans 5:12-14)
6. CHURCH ORDINANCES: We believe that there are two Biblical church ordinances for this age - Baptism and the Lord’s Supper. We believe water baptism is the symbolic act of the believer in which he follows the Lord Jesus in His single, complete death, burial, and resurrection. It is commanded and instituted by Christ for every born again believer, and it is to be by immersion. The baptism shall be administered in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. (Matthew 28:19; Acts 10:47-48, 16:32-33) It is a prerequisite to church membership.
We believe that the Lord’s Supper is a memorial feast commemorating the Lord’s death until He comes again. This is to be exercised by born again believers who are in complete fellowship with God. The symbols of communion or the Lord’s Supper are bread, representing His body; and the cup, representing His shed blood in remission for our sins. (Luke 22:19-20;I Corinthians 11:26; Matthew 26:26-28)
7. THE CHURCH: We believe that the Church is a group of believers set apart by an invisible act of God. This act places the believers in the body of Christ by the Holy Spirit’s baptism. This body is Biblically identified as THE CHURCH. (Colossians 1:24-27; I Corinthians 12:12-13)
We believe that a New Testament Local Church is a congregation of immersed believers associated together by a covenant of faith and directed by the Holy Spirit. The local church is responsible to Christ in all matters of membership, polity, discipline and benevolence. (Acts 2:41; I Corinthians 11:2; Ephesians 5:23-24; Colossians 1:18)
The only Biblical Officers of the Church are Bishop (Pastor) and Deacons.
8. THE SECURITY OF THE BELIEVER : We believe that all who have truly been born again (John 3:3-5) and thus have become partakers of the divine nature (II Peter 1:4) are eternally saved and cannot be lost. God sees to it that “all things work together for their good“(Romans 8:28) and for God’s glory. We believe that a disobedient child of God will be chastened by God to bring him to repentance. (Hebrews 12:8-11)
9. SALVATION: We believe in atonement, that saving or redeeming work which is the result of Christ’s shedding His blood on the cross, which reconciles man to God. (Romans 3:25; I Peter 1:18-19, 2:24, 3:18; Ephesians 3:18; John 1:11-13)
We believe that salvation is a free gift bestowed by God, brought to man by grace, and received by personal faith in the atoning work of the Lord Jesus Christ. (Acts 13:38-39, 4:12; John 3:16; Ephesians 2:8-10; John 1:11-13)
We believe that God saves men by grace alone, through faith alone, in Christ alone, produced by the preaching of the gospel. We believe that God is not willing that any man should perish, and that Christ died for all mankind. Therefore it is the responsibility of the church, including all members, to actively engage in evangelism, carrying out the great commission.(Eph 2:8, Rom 10:17, 2 Pet 2:9, Matt 28:19-20, I John 2:2)
10. ECUMENICAL MOVEMENT: We believe in separation from all religious apostasy of apostate organizations and all worldly or sinful affiliations as commanded by God. Therefore, it is our strong conviction not to have an association with them, neither individually, nor as a church body. (II Corinthians 6:14-17; I Timothy 6:3-5; James 4:4; II John 7-11) Apostate organizations include the National Council of Churches, World Council of Churches or any of its associate organizations.
Designed and Maintained by Heartland Technologies from 2007-2017